[Lazarus] Embedded database for Lazarus/Linux

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 19 10:21:27 CEST 2010

Hi!

Am 18.06.2010 11:42, schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:

> I also wanted
> to restore my bookmarks.html file the other day on a newly installed
> system, but now Firefox uses SQLite for such simple storage, so the
> solution wasn't immediately obvious. It was dead simple a few versions
> back - simply copy the old bookmarks.html file over the new one. Now
> Firefox fell for the classic over-engineering mistake, and they had to
> extend their UI to include a Import function so you can import from a
> backup file, or from a selected HTML file or from a SQLite database -
> a lot more complex than it used to be.

I don't know what others do, but I simply copy/backup my complete
profile directory of Firefox (that with the alpha-numeric name). That
works perfectly well and I also have my complete history, open tabs and
Add Ons with me on the new system. :D

I'm aware that this might pose a problem if my profile becomes
corrupted, but should this happen I'll find a way to solve this. ;)

Regards,
Sven