[Lazarus] Docking into main window

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Mon Jun 21 14:51:33 CEST 2010

Leonardo M. Ramé schrieb:
> Hi, I want to congratulate the developer(s) of the IDE docking package,
> It improved a lot since the last time I tried it.
>
> A cool addition could be allowing to dock the main window (the one with
> the main menu), this is because when the editor window is maximized, it
> overlaps the main window.

Currently the main window plays a special role, but it could be made a
docksite with some efforts. The same with some other windows, that
currently are treated specially by the IDE.

IOW the IDE is not yet fully dock-aware or, to be more precise, it does
many things that cannot be changed by other (docking...) layout
managers. We're working on that...

> P.S.: I don't know if the package I'm talking about is EasyDockMgr or
> AnchorDocking, could you clarify this to me?.

The dockable IDE currently is based on the EasyDockMgr. But I've seen
another MiniIDE example for AnchorDocking...

DoDi