[Lazarus] Anchor-Docking Bugs

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Wed Jun 23 11:06:46 CEST 2010

Martin schrieb:

>>> 1. Just Click, without moving your mouse, on a Docking-Header, after
>>> that the Desktop gets a 3px height and full length - big Rect (hard to
>>> explain :( ) which is also shown if you want to dock a form to a
>>> docking-side
>>>
>> Are you sure you use the anchordocking manager and not the easydockmgr?
>> The anchordocking has by default a drag threshold of 4 pixel. A simple
>> click on the header does not start the docking.
>>
> I can reproduce this here, with the anchor dock package. (didn't count
> the pixels, 3 or 4....)
>
> Just a click, it happens on mouse up.

IMO this misbehaviour results from the inappropriate setting of
DragImmediate=True, inherited from Delphi. This default does no harm
with drag-drop (no harmful action triggered), but is inappropriate for
drag-dock, resulting in an immediate undock. The LCL could distinguish
between the start of a drag-drop or drag-dock operation, or simply could
set the default to False (delayed start). Unfortunately my according
suggestions were rejected by the LCL developers :-(

That's why the EasyDockMgr sets DragImmediate=False, on installation.

DoDi