[Lazarus] Patch for registersqldb.pas

Carlos German Tejero german_tejero at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Jun 25 04:11:04 CEST 2010

On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 14:25:13 +0200
Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a project open and some units open in the editor, I then put
> active focus on the main form (one containing the component palettes).
> If I press Ctrl+A, all text in the current editor windows is selected.
> Good, behaviour I expected.
>
> Now if I press Alt+[0-9] to change the active editor tab while the
> main form is active, nothing happens. I have to first focus the editor
> window, then the Alt+[number] works.
>
> Is this by design, or must I report it as a bug? I'm using Ubuntu and
> Lazarus (latest trunk) compiled with GTK2.

The goto editor commands are registered only for the source editor, so
other IDE windows can use these shortcuts for their own tabs or their
own commands.

With docking there are also more tabs. Maybe these shortcuts can be
used for these pages too.

I'm not yet sure how to implement docked designer forms. Maybe a form
editor window with tabs.

And finally:
You can write a package and move the ecGotoEditorX commands to another
category. For example one of the globals.

Mattias