[Lazarus] Debugger output style

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Jun 24 15:58:49 CEST 2010

Martin wrote:
> On 24/06/2010 13:25, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>> Is there an easy way of telling the debugger to display a variable as
>> hex for ease of bit-twiddling? I can see that watchpoints have an
>> associated style but it's greyed out here.
>>

> There is a way, but more like a workaround. Doesn't work for locals, put
> works in Watches window:
>
> Pointer(MyVar)
>
> Btw, if you need spaces in an expression
>   MyVar and 255
> you actually need to quote it by hand:
>   "MyVar and 255"
>
> Include the quotes in the watches win, and it will work.

Thanks both. I ended up hacking it with a temporary conversion in the
code which allowed me to see what I'd done wrong :-)

Getting the missing watchpoint style coded sounds like a tricky job
since it would presumably need additions to whatever makes the internal
structure persistent, as well as the UI for setting it up and handling
the display.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk