[Lazarus] Keyboard shortcuts not always working

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Thu Jun 24 17:13:11 CEST 2010

Mattias Gaertner schrieb:

> The goto editor commands are registered only for the source editor, so
> other IDE windows can use these shortcuts for their own tabs or their
> own commands.

IMO a good idea.

> With docking there are also more tabs. Maybe these shortcuts can be
> used for these pages too.

With caution, because when keyboard commands depend on the context
(focused control...), the user can be confused by the many possible (and
often unwanted) results. If ever, the scope of shortcuts should be
selectable by the user, and should not be too wide by default.

> I'm not yet sure how to implement docked designer forms. Maybe a form
> editor window with tabs.

Embedded designers require scrolling and other navigation, when not the
whole form (or all currently open forms) fit into the docking area. IMO
it were much more useful to have floating form designers, even in a
docked environment, with a synchronization between active designer
windows and the related units. The source code fits almost never
entirely into the editor client area, so that the user is used to scroll
through it, while forms should fit entirely at least into the screen.

DoDi