[Lazarus] Embedded database for Lazarus/Linux

Myles Wakeham myles at techsol.org
Sat Jun 26 22:28:00 CEST 2010

> On 6/25/2010 17:06, Andreas Berger wrote:
>> waldo kitty wrote:
>>> one extremely hilarious aspect of working with newer coders is the expressions
>>> on their faces when you show them 20 year old code running rings around their
>>> code with the same test data and in the same environment... the best part is
>>> when they realize that the 20 year old code is where they were actually headed
>>> with their own code but their refusal to look to the past for education
>>> hampered them...
>>>
>> Even funnier when they see 20 year old code on 20 year old computers running
>> circles around their code on modern computers. I have seen it, yes I have.
>
> hehehe, yup! you're not the only one...
>
> newer is better? oh yeah? how? :lol:

Careful guys... You are starting to sound like old farts :)

"You kids, get off my lawn!"

Growing old is hard to do, but its inevitable.  If you have kids, you'd
know how hard it is to tell a teenager anything.  You have to let them
think they are discovering something you already know, and then they'll
get it thinking it was their idea.  Identity building & ego is far more
important to a younger developer that your great code.  Its a strange
trait of us humans.  If only we were machines....

They'll work it out eventually.  By the time they do, they'll be telling
their kids the same thing.  And the circle of life continues...

Myles

--
Myles Wakeham