[Lazarus] New component arraybutton Fatal: Can't find unit Graphics used by arraybutton AND Multiple lazarus installations

Peter E Williams foss.game.pascal.developer at iinet.net.au
Mon Jun 28 22:44:09 CEST 2010

I reordered the Getting_Lazarus page. I moved some platform specific parts to
their own pages.
For example there is a long story about installing the Lazarus release version
for Ubuntu. Is it really so complicated?
See: http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/LazarusReleaseUbuntu

And I found the buildfaq, too. Now there are at least 2 wiki pages and one
buildfaq talking about the same thing:

  http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Getting_Lazarus
  http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Installing_Lazarus
  http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/buildfaq.pdf

They are ordered from "brief" to "detailed".
Installing_Lazarus page has the same problem that Getting_Lazarus page had:
there is lots of platform and version specific info, most of which is not
needed by one single reader. It should be divided into sub-pages, which I
actually did for Getting_Lazarus page.

Page
  http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Getting_Lazarus#Build_and_install_with_make

tells how to install FPC SVN version. It is short and easy. Only the symlink
for fpc generation must be checked, and maybe some windows specific stuff.

Feedback is welcome.

BTW, is it possible to rename a wiki page (file)? I used CamelCase names when
I could have used spaces which are translated to underscores apparently.

Juha