[Lazarus] GTK2: PostMessage(..., LM_CHAR, ...) and IntfUTF8KeyPress(...)

Žilvinas Ledas zilvinas.ledas at dict.lt
Wed Jun 30 10:18:46 CEST 2010

On 2010-06-30 10:56, Michael Schnell wrote:
> On 06/28/2010 11:13 PM, Žilvinas Ledas wrote:
>
>>   PostMessage(currentEdit.Handle, LM_CHAR, Ord('a'), 0); // trying to
>> post msg to some TEdit
>>
> AFAIK, Controls that react on messages is a windows specific way to
> manage controls.
>
> In Linux, messages can be used to have a thread notify the main thread
> (that receives the message via the "procedure ...message" construct, but
> not for managing controls or to send messages to other processes.
>
> -Michael

Yes, thanks, I understand that. I just was HOPING it will do what I want
:) I have some kind of "virtual keyboard" but it is only for my own app
(it does send "keys" to 3 TEdit's), so I was hoping such PostMessage()
will work as I expect. As it is not - I will manage to go without it.

Regards
Žilvinas