[Lazarus] (Attn DoDi) multiply edit windows [Re: debug windows layout]

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Tue Mar 2 16:26:45 CET 2010

Martin schrieb:

> How far are you with multiply edit windows?

Don't ask me, I'm not familiar with the current IDE interfaces and
layout management :-(

AFAIR the ElasticSite demo demonstrates the available docking features,
including persistence. What remains to do is the integration of docking
and persistence into the IDE.

> Because I am (or will be) at
> the same thing. In order for opening the same source in multiply views (
> $DEFINE SynDualView ), I need to look at multiply windows.

The SynDualView is nice, it only lacks the same set of features for
every view.

> I am/was deferred by a lot of other things, so I can't tell exactly when
> I will continue with it....

I'm also busy with many other things <sigh>. In the next step I'll add
top-level docking to the EasyDockSite. From the user VP this is only a
minor extension, but it does not fit nicely into the existing
implementation.

Perhaps we should open an branch for a dockable IDE with full support of
multiple editor windows. The interfaces deserve a lot of refactoring for
this model, that should not affect the proper operation of the current
Lazarus IDE. Also the LDockTree manager and TabView should be replaced
by the new implementation.

DoDi