[Lazarus] RFC: remove StayOnTop for splash screen

JoshyFun joshyfun at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 19:51:01 CET 2010

Hello Lazarus-List,

>> that involves only a few seconds results in a non real time
>> distribution which will change a lot simply by removing or adding one
>> line of code.
MG> I use it under Linux with lot of success for single threaded apps.
MG> It takes one hundred samples per second and does not slow down the

Yes and you have a lot of possibilities that the sample takes in an
fpc_movememory function :) But a 2 or 3 seconds process is too small
for gprof.

MG> Beside the samples it also shows the number of each call and who calls
MG> whom. So if a function was called more often than expected you know
MG> what to fix.

Call sequence is statiscally propagated and when recursion happends it
could becomes crazy... Anyway it is more than nothing for sure :)

>> Is there any invasive tracer that can be linked with fpc/lazarus ?
MG> valgrind.
MG> see here
MG> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Profiling

Yes on Linux I know (but not used) valgrind, but for windows ? I think
no, so us will no go more off topic ;)

--
Best regards,
 JoshyFun