[Lazarus] Lazarus & MySQL 5.1

Sven Barth svenmauren at vr-web.de
Wed Mar 3 11:30:11 CET 2010

Hi again!

> Henry Vermaak wrote:
>
> This is good to know, but the issue was that the compiler was trying
> to link against a version of a library that didn't exist on the
> system.

As far as I see it, it tries to load two libaries dynamically: libmysqlclient.so.15 at first and libmysqlclient.so as fallback. On my system (ArchLinux) libmysqlclient.so is a symlink to the current version (.16), so the application is able to load it. Other systems (like Ubuntu and Co.) might ommit this symlink as it is only included with development packages.
May be libmysqlclient.so.16 should be added as a SECOND accepted library version inside the mysql50 define in mysql.inc (and also in InitialiseMysql).

> Henry Vermaak wrote:
>
>P.S.  Your email client strips the references header, breaking
>threaded view, or perhaps you didn't reply to my message, but composed
>a new one?

That is a known, expected and disturbing issue ^^.
I check this mail account very seldom and so I'm using Digest Mode to not reach the memory limit (10MB) that fast. Also I'm prefering the web view on freepascal.org, so that I don't rely on a certain PC to read the messages (I'm using three: work, home, UMPC). Thus replying is a bit... well... thread breaking. If you have a good solution for this problem (modifying headers?), I'd love to read it :)

Regards,
Sven