[Lazarus] Is Lazarus project in a downward spiral?

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sun Mar 7 12:30:16 CET 2010

Florian Klaempfl schrieb:

> When saving a file I often realize that I would
> - overwrite an old one so I rename the old one
> - or that I want to have it in a new folder
> - I'd like to see the SCM status
> - see modification date or whatever
> - ...
> Why should I waste time and change to a different program while I could
> do this in the file open/save dialog?

Then the file dialogs must use the platform specific file managers. On
Windows, the dialogs expose functionality of file explorer, on Linux
that of the installed or preferred Nautilus, Konqueror or whatsoever.
Please note that the dialogs shall *use* the managers, *not emulate*
them. I'm not sure how this is feasable. It also would mean that
eventual dialog customization differs for every platform.

DoDi