[Lazarus] Is Lazarus project in a downward spiral?

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sun Mar 7 16:53:01 CET 2010

On Sun, Mar 07, 2010 at 11:17:56AM +0200, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> > I really dislike non native windows programs, specially GTK ones. Dia is
> > about the only one I tolerate.
>
> Then I guess you hate the internet as well? :)  Gmail, Facebook,
> Twiter, etc. all those little web apps that nobody uses an doesn't
> adhere to a single OS interface.

Yes, I generally prefer real apps over webapps. The user experience (despite
web2 propaganda) is poor.

But the difference is there that I spend relative little time in them.

> Do you now see how ridiculous the "native look and feel" argument sounds?
> Just the above three web apps have probably over a billion users and
> nobody complains that it doesn't look like there favourite OS.

Pick one:

1. Millions of sheep don't mind doing nothing but grazing either.
2. Then, logically, those millions of users spend less time on the computer
   than me( and that is probably true)
3. Painlevels may vary between people and experience levels.