[Lazarus] Grids and DBgrids

JoshyFun joshyfun at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 17:38:00 CET 2010

Hello Lazarus-List,

Sunday, March 7, 2010, 4:12:59 AM, you wrote:

AK> Although I have no particular need for this change, I support it
AK> on the general principle. I would go even further and call KeyPress
AK> _before_ built-in handler, so that user code could turn off
AK> default handling by setting the key code to zero.

I'm not sure that I undertand your answer (my english is quite
limited). The "desired" behavior is that if user handles KeyDown,
KeyPress or KeyUp no default actions are taken ?

I think that that behavior is only possible in OnKeyDown as the others
are too late. Current problem is that the internal grid checks
destroys key information so any key handled will not be reported in
the KeyPress.

I'll try to modify code to accept overriding by users handle, but
without destroying "Key" value. I hope no unexpected side effects
happend.

--
Best regards,
 JoshyFun