[Lazarus] Is Lazarus project in a downward spiral?

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sun Mar 7 17:51:33 CET 2010

Daithi Haxton schrieb:

> It certainly wouldn't be impossible to get a C++ Builder to Lazarus
> converter going - you'd never get it perfect, but hey - that's what
> compiler errors are for, eh? ;>) And with some 50 programs yet to
> translate, we'll probably be doing something like that. If we do, I'll
> be sure to put the script/source up somewhere and let you folks know. If
> anybody else already has such a thing, by all means, feel free to share!

I already made an C-to-Pascal converter
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/topas/>, but then got stuck in handling
#defines, which deserve translation into either constants or functions,
or must be expanded.

I never wanted it to handle C++ syntax, but if you have ideas how to
make it usable for (partial) translation of C++ code, I'm willing to
update it accordingly.

BTW, the other direction is much easier to go, see
<http://www.texttransformer.com/Delphi2Cpp_en.html>.

DoDi