[Lazarus] Is Lazarus project in a downward spiral?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 18:49:52 CET 2010

On 7 March 2010 13:09, Hans-Peter Diettrich <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:

> Can you suggest another interface, that better fits the various widgetset
> APIs?

Maybe take a look at a widgetset that was designed from the start to
be cross platform enabled. There are many to choose from. Don't base
you interface on a very Windows specific widgetset like VCL or the
Win32 API. And just to be clear, when I say "interface" I mean the
glue code between the LCL and backend widgetset (gtk, qt, cocoa,
fpgui).

As far as I understand, the initial Lazarus developers had all
intention in designing a cross-platform LCL from the start, so common
sense should have prevailed. So where did they go wrong and decided to
re-implement the Win32 API and force that upon all other widgetsets?

  - Graeme -