[Lazarus] Is Lazarus project in a downward spiral?

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at vodafonevast.nl
Mon Mar 8 07:35:49 CET 2010

Doug Chamberlin schreef:
> I have avoided CVS, and so far successfully avoided SVN, because I see
> them as rather old technology. In contrast, Git is an amazingly powerful
> and fresh look at the problem. I'd rather start out using Git. But when
> Git was proposed to the FPC/Laz projects it was rather soundly brushed
> aside.

You never used CVS and SVN, so you have a choice, which to learn to use.
I rather spend my time bug fixing and general Lazarus support than
learning yet another source control, especially since the SVN is doing
its job reasonably well. Yet the community has provided alternatives for
people who rather use git: http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/git_mirrors

Vincent