[Lazarus] Is Lazarus project in a downward spiral?

stoppok at muenster.de stoppok at muenster.de
Mon Mar 8 17:04:18 CET 2010

On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 04:24:25PM +0200, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> stoppok at muenster.de het geskryf:
> >
> > Some month ago I did some research, but there seems to be no
> > cross-platform tool available so testing would be in windows only.
>
> Mouse position/macro records have inherent problems and I don't think
> anything exist for platforms other than Windows.

Thats why I said it's scriptable and can send keyboard events to the
application. Since every app should be barrier-free these days it should
be possible to avoid mouse-clicks-

> Even though unit testing is generally used for non-gui code tests, it can
> also be used for gui code tests (with a bit more effort). I'm pretty sure
> FPCUnit or DUnit2 will be up to the task.

Sure, but for my applications I prefer test's implemented by another person
that has no access to my codebase. I simply don't want to mix things up.

regards,

  Stefan