[Lazarus] This project needs help

Juha Manninen juha.manninen at phnet.fi
Tue Mar 9 11:31:01 CET 2010

Hello Graeme and others!

I also got feedback that one of my mails was offending. It was not meant to be
offending and I didn't realize it then.
I understand however the core team's reactions. They get criticized heavily
and provocatively, kind of ignoring their hard work and achievements.
The demands are contradictory like "stable version" versus "easy patch
commits".
I guess many projects try to balance between those demands, not only Lazarus.

When the discussion heats up then people become defensive and get offended
more easily and the real message gets lost then.

I know I like to express things in a provocative way sometimes (I don't know
exactly why) and so does Graeme apparently.
It is only natural to get a provocated responce for a provocative comment. It
is kind of the nature of provocative comments. :-)

Fixes branch got improved (I understood), new access right are given...
I think this project has grown so popular that these kind of clashes are
inevitable.

I wanted to learn about open source project work flows. I am learning, yes!
The social and communication part plays a big role.

Regards,
Juha Manninen