[Lazarus] Is Lazarus project in a downward spiral?

Tom Lisjac zikon770 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 11:22:14 CET 2010

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 2:30 AM, Florian Klaempfl <florian at freepascal.org> wrote:
> Rigel Rig schrieb:
>> Until then, do not be surprised why there are not many new programmers
>
> Luckily enough we heard the same for FPC and experience showed that 1.0
> didn't change anything regarding contributors. So this argument is
> simply nonsense.

When the 1.0 compiler came out, Delphi was cheap, worked well and
dominated the market. At the time, mainstream Pascal developers had no
reason to care about "that other compiler" or volunteer to support it.

... but how times have changed! :)

It's a totally different landscape now, Florian... and it's completely
flawed to compare the lack of motivation for volunteers with the 1.0
compiler to the current situation with Lazarus.

-Tom