[Lazarus] Native widgets vs Foreign Widgets

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Mar 9 14:20:03 CET 2010

On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 10:08:49AM -0300, Alexsander Rosa wrote:
> For other markets, the users simply don't care about the look and feel. This
> happens when:
> - the software is mandatory -- like a company-wide accounting/management
> software
> - the user needs/wants to get the job done -- he/she will probably gets
> training on the software
> - the software is used all day long -- get customer's data, prepare

I agree. That is always what I hoped FPGUI would be, and even a limited
LCL-fpgui would be useful here.

I currently have an acquaintance trying to customize QT/X to get it working
on top of a own build embedded solution.  Good luck.

But that is something else than refocussing the entire Lazarus in that
direction, like Graeme was always pleading.  Lazarus is IMHO primarily about
delphi compatibility, multiplatform (and that is always a precarious
balance) and native widgets.