[Lazarus] This project needs help

Marco Alvarado cronodragon at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 15:21:08 CET 2010

I took the same decision as Graeme after Delphi 7 was dead, then tried
C++... nah, tried C#... nah, tried Actionscript... well, this one gave
me some money, but nah, it's horrible to work with it and see what
non-programmers do with it; so I returned years later and decided to
continue my projects with Lazarus, after all a Pascal programmer is a
Pascal programmer. Examining Lazarus, and feeling the frustration
caused by the instability everyone complains about, I decided the only
way Lazarus could work for me was avoiding the black sheep of the
family: the LCL. It didn't take me much time to build a GUI from
scratch. Now I just use the LCL for the most basic tasks, as window
creation, and still can use stable third party components. I have
tested on XP, Vista, Snow Leopard and Ubuntu, and everything works as
I dreamed, I no-longer get weird exceptions, and enjoy programming
with the commodities Lazarus provides.

Best wishes Graeme!
-Marco