[Lazarus] TCairoCanvas integration

petr.kristan at epos.cz petr.kristan at epos.cz
Wed Mar 10 15:22:31 CET 2010

Hello Lazarus-List,

Tuesday, March 9, 2010, 4:25:43 AM, you wrote:

HPD> How should such a tool know that "int" or any other identifier is a type
HPD> name? That's trivial for "int", but not for other type names.

I know, but a predefined usual types like base types. That's the
reason I say "simple", "helper", not "solver" ;)

>> Of course there are much more complex examples that this easy ones,
>> but I was not talking about a procedure that changes the strlen in a
>> valid pascal function, simply convert the known plain syntax without
>> type checking or alike habilities.
HPD> C syntax is ambigous, it only can be parsed when type names are
HPD> separated from other identifiers. Such a separation requires a list of
HPD> all type names, which has to be built by the parser.

OK. This is becoming a "you say / I say" which will not reach a good
point for both, so I think is better to stop here. ;-)

HPD> You should give ToPas a try, it does not suffer from anything unknown. A
HPD> few constructs can not be converted into OPL, but this does not normally
HPD> affect the translation of the following code.

Hmmm... I think I had used it in the past, but anyway I'll give it a
try again. Thank you.

--
Best regards,
 JoshyFun