[Lazarus] svn r23973 unable to open old projects

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at vodafonevast.nl
Tue Mar 16 20:14:35 CET 2010

> make bigideclean bigide OPT="-dOldAutoSize -Xg"
>
> I have all I need, but no GLScene.
>
> The only way to have GLScene in the IDE is to build from ide.

<frustration>What happens if you just do what I told you?</frustration>
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/pipermail/lazarus/2010-March/050400.html

More relaxed:
First you update:
svn up
then you build a new LCL and IDE and lazbuild with debug information (I
like that, because then you can give good back traces to the lazarus
developers, given better feedback etc), using a define to use tested old
autosize code:
make clean all OPT="-dOldAutoSize"
Then you build the IDE with no custom options but with all your
currently installed packages, recompiling the packages as necessary.
lazbuild --build-ide=
To economize on disk space and to rob you from giving valuable back
traces to the lazarus developers, you strip the executables from debug
information:
strip --strip-all lazarus.exe
strip --strip-all lazbuild.exe
strip --strip-all startlazarus.exe
pause
exit

Ready.

Alternatively, you can do
lazbuild --build-ide=-dOldAutoSize if glscene has a {$IFDEF OldAutoSize}
or
lazbuild --build-ide=-Xg if you do want to have the debug information,
but not in the same file as the executable
or
lazbuild --build-ide=-g- if you want to compile the extra packages
without debug information and the lazarus IDE without debug information
too, so you don't need to strip it.

Vincent