[Lazarus] Lazarus for IOI

Mattias Gärtner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Mar 17 13:35:11 CET 2010

Zitat von Marco Ciampa <ciampix at libero.it>:

> On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 11:23:11PM +0100, tiziano de togni wrote:
>> Marco Ciampa ha scritto:
>> >Hello everybody,
>> hi marco! how are you?
>>
>> >In practice I would like to set it up in a way to hide all the unused
>> >(so confusing) features of this ide. It mean that I would like it to:
>> >
>> > - open without opening any form windows or bar
>> > - hide the forms widtgets buttons/tools bar
>> > - open with a very simple project configured with a very simplified
>> >   Pascal console program (.pas) without support for any OO thing
>> >

>> Since 0.9.29 lazarus comes with a package EducationLaz which adds some
>> extra option pages to the IDE helping teachers to setup Lazarus for
>> students and pupils.
>>
>> look and read carefully this page:
>>
>> http://wiki.freepascal.org/Lazarus_for_education
> Read! Veeery interesting...currently downloading Linux/Win32 snapshots...
> I can't wait for this option included in the standard version...
>

>> >simply this. Is it possible (and easy) to do it working just on the
>> >program (lazarus) configuration in a way that it should be ease to clone
>> >on a hundred PCs dual boot (double configuration) Windows & Linux?
>> I can't answer for this part... not trivial.
> Since, if I have understood well, the package force a rebuild of che
> Lazarus IDE...
> it shold be not trivial to replicate the installation on many PC as
> in a school lab...right?

This depends on how homogeneous the computers are

> How can I replicate the modified files (Windows & Linux examples please...)?

It could be simple:
For example if you have the fpc+lazarus svn under
/home/username/pascal/{fpc,lazarus]}, then you can copy the whole
directory plus the /home/username/.lazarus to another computer (same
OS).

It gets more complicated if you want to install third party packages
or provide one single rpm or a windows installer.

> PS: installed the snapshot version...that package insn't there!

The education package is new. It is currently evaluated in some
schools. The results will probably lead to some changes.

Mattias