[Lazarus] New version of WebDesign available

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Mar 17 14:15:07 CET 2010

On 03/17/2010 01:32 PM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> It cannot use a TTimer, since TTimer presupposes a GUI and an X server.

That is what I did expect.

> It can use a TFPTimer, which does not suppose
> a GUI and X server.

Sounds good. So it might have an event queue.

I'll take a look at TFPTimer.

Maybe fastCGI Application in fact implements the NoGUIApplication that I
need and I can use it, even if I will not do a CGI. Perhaps just the
name is confusing...

My intention is to create a "toolbox" that allows to convert free
running (embedded) "normal" applications to not needing the GTK binding
(after having stripped them from the user interface). But they still do
need things like Timers, TCP/IP communication, serial interfaces,
threads (with "synchronize" and "postmessage" / "procedure...message")

I'll take a deep look at it :)

Thanks for your advice !
-Michael