[Lazarus] windres: can't open manifest

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Mar 22 16:20:38 CET 2010

On 03/17/2010 11:58 PM, Paul Ishenin wrote:
> You can use 2.4.0 prebuilt packages but there are some bugs with
> resources in 2.4.0 which was already fixes in the svn version. So you
> can install 2.4.0 and checkout an svn version. Then do "make clean
> all", "sudo make install". Depends on your linux you need also to pass
> install directory (for make install) or fpc will be installed in
> /usr/local/lib
It seems not to be that easy to install fpc on my Suse 11.1 :(

I found the fpc '2.4.0-1 rpm on Sourceforge.

To install this ncurses-lib is needed. I found same using "rpm finder"
(versions 5.7-.7 and 5.7-3)

To install this ncurses-base is needed  I found same using "rpm finder"
(versions 5.7-.7 and 5.7-3)

With these RPMs available (either of 5.7-7 or 5.7-3 versions) I can
start installing the fpc 2.4.0-1 rpm. But when "accepting" the setup
both with versions 5.7-7 and 5.7-3 I get a "bad magic" error with
"ncurses-base". So I needed to "ignore" the dependency error. I suppose
fpc will work for me anyway, as ncurses supposedly only is needed for ide.

Now I was able to install fpc-docs 2.4.0-1 from Sourceforge.

I was not able to install fpc-src 2.4.0-1 from Sourceforge due to
"MD5-error". So I suppose Lazarus will not work out of the box, as same
needs the FPC sources.

I will try to point Lazarus to the FPC sources I got from the svn, but
I'm not sure that this really will make it work.

Thanks for any additional pointers,
-Michael