[Lazarus] windres: can't open manifest

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Mar 23 10:05:09 CET 2010

On 03/23/2010 09:30 AM, Vincent Snijders wrote:
> Michael Schnell schreef:
>> On 03/22/2010 04:48 PM, Vincent Snijders wrote:
>>> From what mirror did you download?
>> ftp://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/development/13/i386/os/Packages/ncurses-base-5.7-7.20100130.fc13.i686.rpm
>>

>> Is that bad in any way ?  Should I try something else ?
>>
> That is a rpm offered by the lazarus team, so that is an error I could
> try to prevent for the next person.

I see. Anyway, I suppose anybody who wants to install Lazarus from
source code will need to separately install FPC. To install FPC from
source code you first need a binary FPC 2.4 version and same - if
installed from the RPM provided - seems to request the ncurses-base RPM
which seems to be broken.

> Oh, I thought you had a problem with fpc-src:
> > I was not able to install fpc-src 2.4.0-1 from Sourceforge due to
"MD5-error".

In fact that is true as well. I just did not retry to install this, as I
do have the svn sources of FPC and just pointed Lazarus to same.

But anyway, I re-downloaded the file and retried to install it and again
I got the MD5 error. Here is the link I used:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/freepascal/files/Linux/2.4.0/fpc-2.4.0-1.src.rpm/download

Thanks for helping to make these things work !
-Michael