[Lazarus] IDE search path for include file causes IDE hang

Andrew Brunner andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 14:22:13 CET 2010

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 4:04 AM, Mattias Gaertner
<nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 22:04:36 -0500
> Andrew Brunner <andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com> wrote:

The error message is displayed on the terminal or from gdb then the
hang happens.

> What do you mean with "locking up"?

The system goes unresponsive.  I get a force quit prompt by Ubuntu.

> Can you create a backtrace?

All I see is the include file not being found (but the path is in the
search paths for IDE and the actual include is added to the project)
error message and all Lazarus windows freeze.  I can't bt at that
point either.

It's only when I answer "Force Quit" to close IDE do I see responses
to by bt or backtrace entries in the terminal for GDB.  Meaning GDB
can't backtrace b/c the program hang.  And when I close the program -
gdb says no stack.

> Can you reproduce the error in a small project?

I can reproduce the error in the small project but I can't get the
small project to hang the IDE.

> How can I reproduce the error?

I will have to re-do a small project.  I did one but didn't send it
(but I tried to re-install Linux and lost that sample project).

>> ### TCodeToolManager.HandleException: "include file not found
>> "RSRBuilder.inc"" at Line=16 Col=28 in
>> "/home/atbrunner/Developer/Source/Libraries/uAppBuild.pas"
>

> An include file was not found. It is as serious as a syntax error.
> I doubt that it has something to do with "locking up".

RSRBuilder.inc was added in the project.  As was the folder it resides
added to the Project's IDE paths.

>> At first I just added the path to the IDE includes for this project.
>> But finally I decided to try to add the actual inc file to the
>> project.  This error still appears right before the IDE goes
>> unresponsive.
>
> Do you mean completely or some functions don't work?

The entire GUI and all forms/windows go white.