[Lazarus] Interesting issue when running programs

Matt Shaffer dazappa.matt at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 19:57:44 CET 2010

And one more backtrace, after I discovered -Xs was being forced upon
compiled programs, removing symbols.

Starting program: C:\Users\Matt\Documents\TestCase/project1.exe

0x100177b7 in U_SYSINITPAS_ENTRYINFORMATION ()
(gdb) backtrace
#0 0x100177b7 in U_SYSINITPAS_ENTRYINFORMATION ()
#1 0x8c87c83d in ?? ()
#2 0x10017af6 in U_SYSINITPAS_ENTRYINFORMATION ()
#3 0x100029a0 in U_SYSINITPAS_ENTRYINFORMATION ()
#4 0x1000dffe in U_SYSINITPAS_ENTRYINFORMATION ()
#5 0x76e9c8f9 in U_SYSINITPAS_ENTRYINFORMATION ()
#6 0x76e9cbc3 in U_SYSINITPAS_ENTRYINFORMATION ()
#7 0x76e9ec16 in U_SYSINITPAS_ENTRYINFORMATION ()
#8 0x75ed96a8 in ?? ()
#9 0x75ed9738 in ?? ()
#10 0x75da08d2 in ?? ()
#11 0x75d75151 in ?? ()
#12 0x75d74e10 in ?? ()
#13 0x75d73f87 in ?? ()
#14 0x76eda604 in U_SYSINITPAS_ENTRYINFORMATION ()
#15 0x76e9c8f9 in U_SYSINITPAS_ENTRYINFORMATION ()
#16 0x76ea4c41 in U_SYSINITPAS_ENTRYINFORMATION ()
#17 0x76ea5ad7 in U_SYSINITPAS_ENTRYINFORMATION ()
#18 0x76eaa980 in U_SYSINITPAS_ENTRYINFORMATION ()
(gdb) q

So yeah, it dies really early into execution. I'm just going to reinstall
Lazarus, as this seems like the best option for me.

(Although I still am curious as to why an app segfaults when being debugged,
but not when run without a debugger attached...)