[Lazarus] Code navigation

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sat May 1 23:56:58 CEST 2010

On 01/05/2010 22:17, Leonardo M. Ramé wrote:
> Hi, does anyone knows if the editor has those arrows (light blue if i
> remember correctly) that has Delphi to let you go back and forth to
> editing points?.
>
> Example: ctrl+click on a unit name, then ctrl + click on a method and so
> on. The left arrow in delphi allows you to go back to the last editting
> point before the Ctrl+click.
>
> If Lazarus's editor doesn't have this feature it could be nice to add
> it.

It doesn't have the 2 buttons (as you ay have seen), but it has
alternate ways to provide the functionality.

1) by keyboard: (you can assign all key-commands to your own preferred
keys):

alt-cursor up : jump to declaration
ctrl - h : jump back
ctrl-shift- h: jump forward

2) by mouse
ctrl-click to jump to declaration

4th and 5th mouse button to jump forward/backward
(if you want to change this, let me know what you want to change it to,
it's possible, but tricky => see advanced mouse setting, help on wiki)

Martin