[Lazarus] JCLFormater

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue May 4 00:31:56 CEST 2010

On 3 May 2010 19:22, Lee Jenkins <lee at datatrakpos.com> wrote:

> Anyone know how (if possible) to tell the jcl formatter to put x number of
> spaces or tabs between "procedure" keyword in classes and the method
> signature?

+1
I manually align all my methods to the Create constructor. And yes, it
is MUCH easier to read a class definition like that.

I'll download the latest JCF from SourceForge tomorrow. I think my
version is a year or two old, so maybe they have some new settings to
allow for that. It sure would be handy to automate that.

BTW:
I think the original JCF (not sure about the one included with
Lazarus) has an option of formatting only selected text. So you should
be able to only select the implementation section and format that. The
JCF included in Lazarus IDE is still buggy and even with the exact
same settings file, the Lazarus version formats different to the
original JCF apps.

  - Graeme -