[Lazarus] Lazarus make me create better apps

Juha Manninen juha.manninen at phnet.fi
Thu May 6 09:31:33 CEST 2010

Gustavo Enrique Jimenez wrote:
> You sound like a very talented programmer.  I don't understand why you
> cry instead of helping with Lazarus development.

Apparently you haven't read the infamous threads:
 Is Lazarus project in a downward spiral?
and
 This project needs help

Please don't continue the same discussion any more, anyone!

Now, I really think Graeme's new IDE is a good thing to have.
It has different goals than Lazarus. It is built around only one widgetset,
fpGui. It does not need to worry about Delphi compatibility.
Those are the main challenges of Lazarus, supporting Delphi compatibility for
many native widgetsets.

Given the design goals and Graeme's coding skills, I would estimate his IDE
will be in good shape relatively quickly, in one or two years.

Juha