[Lazarus] Syntax highlighting question

Razvan Adrian Bogdan lightningflash at gmail.com
Fri May 7 15:16:54 CEST 2010

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 6:06 AM, Michael Van Canneyt
<michael at freepascal.org>wrote:

> On Fri, 7 May 2010, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>
>  Hi,
>>
>> Why is the 'string' type not highlighted in the same color as other
>> types? eg: integer, pointer, boolean etc?
>> I see this is even done in other editors with type syntax highlighting
>> like Midnight Commander, Cooledit etc.. gEdit being the exception.
>>

> Because 'String' is a keyword, the others are not. Contrary to popular
> belief, 'Boolean' and 'Integer' are not keywords, they are identifiers.

This is exactly why Borland didn't do it but it makes sense to highlight all
simple native types and then it would make sense to write them in lowercase
but i find it strange and non-standard to write tstringlist or tStringList
instead of TStringList, when they are prefixed with a T, no highlighting is
needed.

Razvan