[Lazarus] Lazarus make me create better apps

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri May 7 16:28:55 CEST 2010

On Fri, 7 May 2010, Marcos Douglas wrote:

> Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Definitely yes, we have 3 web applications in our company written with
>> FPC+tiOPF+PWU.  The IRC bot (FPCBot) is also implemented/compiled with
>> FPC.
>
> PWU = Powtils ?
>
> Unfortunately, here in Brazil, most people/companies to not think so.
> The most companies think to use C# or Java. I think Pascal is more
> simple, small and fast. But I'm afraid when tell me nobody use Pascal
> any more... especially when we talk about web applications.
>

>>  http://www.hu.freepascal.org/fpcircbot/cgifpcbot?channel=lazarus-ide
>>

>> My personal home-grown wiki is also written/compiled with FPC.
>>  http://opensoft.homeip.net/wiki/wiki.cgi?p=Main-Page
>>

> Thanks for the links. Are great examples of what FPC can do.
>

>> Michael van Canneyt I believe also writes web apps for his company using FPC.
>>

> I believe too. He participate of ExtPascal's list but he is gone...  :(

Correct. I dropped ExtPascal. I don't think it is the way to go:
You still need know too much Javascript to be able to use it,
and the project has some basic design flaws, which Wanderlan is
unable/unwilling to fix.

So now:
- FastCGI (or whatever you feel comfortable with) for the server using FPC.
   I will be donating extra code for this to fcl-web in the next months.
- Javascript (ExtJS) for the client.

Michael.