[Lazarus] Lazarus make me create better apps

ABorka fpc-devel at aborka.com
Fri May 7 19:03:07 CEST 2010

On 5/7/2010 06:31, Marcos Douglas wrote:
> What do you use?
> Have you made any real app using some of these technologies and FPC?
> I would like to use FPC for my web apps, but I don't see many examples...
>
> Does anyone uses FPC for real web applications?
>

> Thanks
> Marcos Douglas

My company also uses Lazarus/FPC for the whole system we have (an
internet affiliate network) that was originally written in Kylix.
It is Linux/Apache/MySQL server based. Most development and testing
happens under Windows, then the web server part recompiled and retested
under Linux before uploaded to the live server.
The external utility programs are only used on Windows clients (customer
service, system maintenance, etc.) using secure SSH tunnels to the web
servers via Putty (to access the data on the MySQL databases, etc.).
These could be compiled for Linux also, it is just most people are
familiar with Windows better.

All web pages are using the fpTemplate unit to generate the HTML
server programming side. The HTML people can beautify their pages as
they like while using the available HTML tags provided on the server
side to display live data from the databases.
You can find some basic examples on using the fpTemplate unit and
template tags under the Lazarus directory

/lazarus/components/fpweb/demo/fptemplate/

Works like a charm.

AB