[Lazarus] Lazarus make me create better apps

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri May 7 22:38:28 CEST 2010

On 7 May 2010 21:10, Marcos Douglas <md at delfire.net> wrote:

> OK. What about the official site and sources, could you like tell?

The latest source code from the official repository did not even
compile for us (a few months back). So what we still use is a slightly
older version - and it compiles fine. :)

It can be download from here:
  http://opensoft.homeip.net/~graemeg/pwu-1.6.0.2.tar.gz

I don't know the official download location any more. Here are some
more links. The official site is the z505.com one.

  http://z505.com/powtils/idx.shtml
  http://z505.com/powtils/docs.shtml
  http://wiki.freepascal.org/Powtils
  http://code.google.com/p/powtils/

> But do you use  threaded apps with CGI?
> I think would use threads in FasCGI apps. if each CGI is a request for
> one to one, then why use threads?

Yes, we use threading in plain CGI apps, but only for
logging/debugging purposes. Our
"log-to-[file|sysevents|screen|debugserver]" units all use threading
and cached logging so it doesn't interfere with performance too much.
Release builds have logging disabled. As you know, a standard CGI is
similar to a Console app: It runs, does it's thing, then exits. Our
desktop apps use lots of multi-threading though.

  - Graeme -