[Lazarus] Win32/64 application handle

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sat May 8 03:49:25 CEST 2010

José Mejuto schrieb:

> PI> 3. All application windows needs to be minimized/restored on taskbar
> PI> item mimizise/restore
>
> All forms must follow the Application.handle state, so once mainform
> minimized, all other forms must follow. I see.

IMO it's a bad idea to minimize forms together with the main form.
Better the application should minimize, automatically hiding all owned
forms.

The placement of minimized forms varies across window managers. Win32
(or Delphi?) puts them onto the bottom of the screen, so that every
window can be restored from there. This behaviour may be related to the
implementation of MDI windows, where minimized MDI childs reside on the
bottom of the MDI window. Other window managers require a window menu to
restore minimized form. In no case forms should become part of the task
bar, this one is reserved for tasks (applications) - as the name says.

DoDi