[Lazarus] MAC Address on Linux

Leonardo M. Ramé l.rame at griensu.com
Mon May 10 22:48:16 CEST 2010

El lun, 10-05-2010 a las 16:22 -0300, silvioprog escribió:
> Em 10-05-2010 16:12, Graeme Geldenhuys escreveu:
> > 2010/5/10 Leonardo M. <l.rame at griensu.com>:
> >> Hi, does anyone knows how to get the MAC address of a NIC using
> >> Lazarus/FPC on Linux?.
> >
> > I think the OnGuard components do this. You can find the download url
> > from the wiki page.
> >
> >   http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/OnGuard
>
> Or:
>
> http://www.silvioprog.com.br/dicas/pegaromacaddress ;)

Thanks!.

I'm looking for this because I'm trying to implement a licensing system
to one of my products. I use it in a Delphi app and it works ok, now I'm
trying to implement it for Linux. The system is this:

1) Get the MAC Address of the 1st enabled NIC, then encrypt using Rdl.
2) The user sends this encrypted string and we decrypt it to get it's
MAC Address, then encrypt it again using Bf method.
3) The user has to insert this new string in the system, and it compares
its MAC encrypted this time using Bf against the string the user
entered, if they are equals then the license is ok.

This methods guarranties us that the software cannot be used in another
machine (it's a server product).

Bf and Rdl are encryption methods used in TurboPower LockBox.

Which method do you use for licensing?

--
Leonardo M. Ramé
Griensu S.A. - Medical IT Córdoba