[Lazarus] MAC Address on Linux

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue May 11 12:19:59 CEST 2010

2010/5/11 Michael Schnell <mschnell at lumino.de>:
> is using a USB dongle that is loadable with licensees for multiple
> products by multiple vendors. (AFAIK, the hardware available is by

...and often way to expensive or simply not feasible. Our software
product runs on 20,000+ systems. Many of them are public schools. We
are constantly trying to reduce the cost of running our systems (hence
the push towards Linux), so introducing a hardware device for
licensing with just push up the price again (or could be stolen in
schools). :-/

Software-only licensing system is cheaper, more flexible and cannot be
stolen - but has its negative side too (like maybe not being as secure
as a hardware device).

  - Graeme -