[Lazarus] MAC Address on Linux

silvioprog silvioprog at gmail.com
Tue May 11 15:57:05 CEST 2010

Em 11-05-2010 07:19, Graeme Geldenhuys escreveu:
> 2010/5/11 Michael Schnell <mschnell at lumino.de>:
>> is using a USB dongle that is loadable with licensees for multiple
>> products by multiple vendors. (AFAIK, the hardware available is by

I worked with electronics, I was thinking about creating a USB hardlock,
but soon saw that not be worth(costs) creating something with hardware,
at least here in Brazil (Except if I had at least 1,000 pieces with
guaranteed sale).

> ...and often way to expensive or simply not feasible. Our software
> product runs on 20,000+ systems. Many of them are public schools. We
> are constantly trying to reduce the cost of running our systems (hence
> the push towards Linux), so introducing a hardware device for
> licensing with just push up the price again (or could be stolen in
> schools). :-/
>
> Software-only licensing system is cheaper, more flexible and cannot be
> stolen - but has its negative side too (like maybe not being as secure
> as a hardware device).

I agree to use software. Nothing is 100% safe (even with hardlock).

--
Silvio Clécio - <http://silvioprog.com.br>