[Lazarus] Suggestion: Remove GTK1 support from IDE and LCL.

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Wed May 12 16:07:40 CEST 2010

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 12 May 2010 13:02, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>> I'm still tending to use v1 because I've found Lazarus (and a number of
>> other apps) to be extremely slow on v2 when run to a remote X server. This
>> was specifically an X problem which didn't show up on VNC,
>

> Last time (some months ago) when I tried to run Lazarus IDE via a
> remote X11 session, the IDE was totally unusable (extremely slow), yet
> other GTK2 applications ran fine. So I don't think it was a GTK2
> issue, but rather a LCL-GTK2 issue.

Some Mozilla software behaved the same, specifically Debian's rebadged
FireFox. I need to check more but I think it's fixed, which suggests
that it was either something inherent in v2 or that there was some
plausible-but-wrong way of using it which had caught out multiple projects.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk