[Lazarus] Editor tabs too big when "close button on tab" is enabled

Henry Vermaak henry.vermaak at gmail.com
Fri May 14 13:45:12 CEST 2010

2010/5/14 Mattias Gärtner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>:
> Zitat von Henry Vermaak <henry.vermaak at gmail.com>:
>>
>> Yes, mine are 4 pixels higher, the bevel around the "x" is also
>> noticeably bigger in the ide.  Do these get drawn manually?
>
> No. It's a gtk button with modified style
> style^.xthickness := 0;
> style^.ythickness := 0;
>
> Maybe the style is later replaced by the gtk. The firefox buttons are also
> bigger than gedit's. Probably gedit uses a special. Have to look into gedit
> code ...

That's weird, my Firefox buttons are the same as Gedit's, but the
overall tab height is smaller in Firefox.  I think Firefox removes the
default inner-border of some controls, since they can get the buttons
smaller than default (older) gtk without the text clipping (something
which is redundant in newer gtk versions, since the text centering
works different now).

Henry