[Lazarus] Suggestion: Remove GTK1 support from IDE and LCL.

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Sat May 15 13:23:09 CEST 2010

On Saturday 15 May 2010 13:01, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Sat, 15 May 2010 12:26:52 +0200
>
> zeljko <zeljko at holobit.net> wrote:
> > On Saturday 15 May 2010 11:31, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> > > Speaking for myself: I got problems running qt-lcl on all computers.
> >
> > What exact problems ?
>
> I didn't had the right qt version.
> It was not a problem of the quality of the qt interface and I know
> there were good reasons to increase the minimum version of the qt intf
> so rapidly. I hope, that this process stopped and in two years the
> qt intf still can run on qt 4.5 systems.

qt intf minimum requirement will be 4.5 at least under 1.1 LazDevel version
(if we release 1.0 in next 1-3 yrs).
Next 4.7 is fully binary compatibile and (tested beta) works ok.
IMHO 4.8 could be last in 4.XX series which can come in Q3/Q4 of 2011, so 5.0
(possible binary incompatibile) can be probably released in 2012-2013 and
will be stable/useable in 2014 probably.

zeljko