[Lazarus] Package management questions

Helmut Hartl helmut.hartl at firmos.at
Mon May 17 09:49:42 CEST 2010

Am 15.05.10 18:14, schrieb Mattias Gaertner:
> On Fri, 14 May 2010 17:25:46 +0200
> Mattias Gaertner<nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>  wrote:
>

>> On Fri, 14 May 2010 16:39:06 +0200
>> Helmut Hartl<helmut.hartl at firmos.at>  wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> [...]
>>> Nice would be when lazarus drops my known packages simply on project
>>> open from the
>>> other branch dir, and uses the "right" ones automagically ...
>>>
> I implemented it. See here:
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Packages#Different_versions_of_a_package
>

> Mattias

Thanks for implementing, I tested it and want to provide feedback:
My package layout:
FRE.lpk (Metapackage)
   -FRE_CORE.lpk (Subpackage)
   -FRE_AGGPAS.lpk (Subpackage)
   -FRE_AUDIO.lpk (Subpackage)
   -FRE_APS.lpk (Subpackage)
   -FRE_FCOM-lps (Subpackage)

The project has only the metapackage as dependency.  I stored the
metapackage with "preferred" option,
that works, but it only switches the metapackage not the subpackages.
The workaround is to include all packages as requirement in the project -
This works. The feature itself is really nice, as it now allows branch
switching in zero time!

Helmut