[Lazarus] Broken cross compile build.

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Mon May 17 18:27:14 CEST 2010

Mattias Gärtner wrote:
> There is no directory TreeView in the lazarus sources.
> I guess you added it. And I guess, you have a misconfigured package
> there, which adds a source path to the IDE. A package should only
> inherit compiled unit paths. Please check the package there. See for
> example a new package or the package components/externhelp/externhelp.lpk.
>
> (Note to myself: the search path checker should be done before 0.9.30)

>> Last time this happened I worked around it by deleting ~/.lazarus and
>> reinstalling my packages from scratch, but that's so ugly I don't even
>> consider it a workaround.
>
> No, no. You have probably just some wrong source paths (too many) which
> created duplicate ppu files.

Well, yes I copy the TreeView folder into my lazarus source tree before I compile it.
It is the _only_ package I have installed manually after a completely clean lazarus install
(including completely removing ~/.lazarus)

I've attached the tv.lpk here. If I've done something wrong I'd love a pointer on what it is please.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<CONFIG>
   <Package Version="3">
     <Name Value="tv"/>
     <CompilerOptions>
       <Version Value="8"/>
       <SearchPaths>
         <UnitOutputDirectory Value="lib/$(TargetCPU)-$(TargetOS)"/>
       </SearchPaths>
       <Parsing>
         <SyntaxOptions>
           <CStyleOperator Value="False"/>
         </SyntaxOptions>
       </Parsing>
       <CodeGeneration>
         <SmartLinkUnit Value="True"/>
       </CodeGeneration>
       <Other>
         <CompilerPath Value="$(CompPath)"/>
       </Other>
     </CompilerOptions>
     <Files Count="1">
       <Item1>
         <Filename Value="directorytreeview.pas"/>
         <HasRegisterProc Value="True"/>
         <UnitName Value="DirectoryTreeview"/>
       </Item1>
     </Files>
     <Type Value="RunAndDesignTime"/>
     <RequiredPkgs Count="1">
       <Item1>
         <PackageName Value="FCL"/>
         <MinVersion Major="1" Valid="True"/>
       </Item1>
     </RequiredPkgs>
     <UsageOptions>
       <UnitPath Value="$(PkgOutDir)/"/>
     </UsageOptions>
     <PublishOptions>
       <Version Value="2"/>
       <IgnoreBinaries Value="False"/>
     </PublishOptions>
   </Package>
</CONFIG>

brad at bkmac:~$ cat /home/brad/.lazarus/packagefiles.xml
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<CONFIG>
   <UserPkgLinks Version="2" Count="2">
     <Item1>
       <Name Value="CodeTools"/>
       <Version Major="1" Release="1"/>
       <Filename Value="components/codetools/codetools.lpk"/>
     </Item1>
     <Item2>
       <Name Value="tv"/>
       <Filename Value="TreeView/tv.lpk"/>
     </Item2>
   </UserPkgLinks>
</CONFIG>
brad at bkmac:~$

--
Dolphins are so intelligent that within a few weeks they can
train Americans to stand at the edge of the pool and throw them