[Lazarus] FPC 2.4.2 and Lazarus

Flávio Etrusco flavio.etrusco at gmail.com
Wed May 19 20:29:20 CEST 2010

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 3:17 PM, Michael Van Canneyt
<michael at freepascal.org> wrote:

>> The solution is simple. Create at least three rc (Release Candidate)
>> releases. This will greatly improve the stability of a final release
>> without the need for many point releases. Everybody in the software
>> world knows that rc release can contain some bugs and will probably be
>> fixed before the final release. But then I guess the argument starts,
>> that releases take to long to create. In the world of software
>> development that could, and should be streamlined, and never be an
>> excuse.
>
> FPC uses release candidates; We usually get very little response;
> But maybe that's because the released versions are near perfect ;-)
>
> Michael.
>
> --

It may be so ;-)
But it may also be the fpc alone doesn't have enough visibility, and
there should be some coordination with lazarus, like lazarus making
new releases only to include the new fpc if for anything else (and
daily laz snapshots include rc fpc versions when available).

Best regards,
Flávio