[Lazarus] FPC 2.4.2 and Lazarus

Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis dioannidis at artesoft.gr
Thu May 20 00:59:35 CEST 2010

στις 19/5/2010 4:47 μμ, O/H Paul Ishenin έγραψε:
> 19.05.2010 21:45, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>> but with the many
>> regression bugs I found recently, that would worry me.
> All reported regressions bugs must be fixed before any release.

   Because ' ... it's difficult for a programmer to figure out how a
change in one part of the software will echo in other parts of the
software.', I agree.

   But in this case, we're dealing with two different but closely
coupled systems / software projects, fpc and lazarus. IMHO, if we assume
for a moment that FPC and Lazarus is one entity, we need to test the
latest stable release of Lazarus with the RC of the FPC, cause the FPC
is what we change, playing the roll of a "new feature" or a "bug fix".

   After all, "Regression bugs occur whenever software functionality
that previously worked as desired stops working or no longer works in
the same way that was previously planned. ".

   If the plan of the Lazarus 0.9.28.2 release, is to work only with the
2.4.0, then mea culpa.

regards,
--
Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis