[Lazarus] Lazarus make me create better apps

Myles Wakeham myles at techsol.org
Thu May 20 17:23:21 CEST 2010

dmitry wrote:
> Once NativeClient (http://code.google.com/p/nativeclient/) gains its
> popularity (and all browsers would have NativeClient)
> All scripting languages would be outdated, leaving its place for
> native compilers, like FPC (gcc and etc).
>
> The interesting thing is FPC is NativeClient ready (since x86 and ARM)
> platforms are supported. However RTL needs to be prepared for NaCl.

This has huge potential and is something we are super interested in
working with if there is the ability to construct a native application
in FPC that can run in native client.

Is anyone working on this at the moment? I think Dmitry is completely
right - something like this removes much of the need of hacking the
browser with AJAX if native code can execute within the browser.  The
Google videos are really great to demonstrate performance and how this
all fits in.

Of course its unlikely it will run on iPads or iPhones, but I suspect I
can live with that.  We have a client who is asking us to develop some
vertical apps specific to an application where users carry around such a
device, but it needs native support and I'm not willing to take on
developing for iPads based on Apple's current management practices.

Myles
--
Myles Wakeham